Denise Goldberg's blog

Boston to Oregon, a cross-country celebration
It's time to live my dream of riding my bicycle across the country

Monday, June 24, 2002

Where I think I'll be...

Just in case you want to take this trip yourself, or if you really want to follow the details of where I'll be going, here's a list of the maps that I'll be using on my trip. I'm adding this page to my journal after my dad asked me how he could get a copy of the maps I'm using.

I'll be using Adventure Cycling maps for most of my trip, but I used my imagination along with help from some friends to figure out a route from home to Ticonderoga, NY.

From my house in North Andover to Plum Island and back
via back roads, using Rubel's Bike Map of the North Shore (Boston)

From North Andover to Brattleboro, VT
Route 114 to Route 110 to Route 113 to Route 119

From Brattleboro, VT to Ticonderoga, NY
Route 30, then I followed the signs to the ferry to New York

Adventure Cycling maps, in the order they will be used
Northern Tier, sections 10, 9, and 8: Ticonderoga, NY to Muscatine, IA

Great Rivers South, section 1: Muscatine, IA to Cape Girardeau, MO ^T Actual end point is Map 12, Johnson's Shut-Ins State Park

Transamerica, sections 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1: Murphysboro, IL to Florence, OR ^T Actual starting point is on Section 9, Map 10, Johnson's Shut-Ins State Park