Denise Goldberg's blog

Boston to Oregon, a cross-country celebration
It's time to live my dream of riding my bicycle across the country

Wednesday, June 12, 2002

An early rest day with friends

What a change a day makes in the weather! Yesterday was hot, hot, hot. As we rode through New Hampshire someone told us that severe thunderstorms were expected at 6PM. They didn't happen on schedule, but sometime last night there was a big downpour, and the temperature dropped quite a bit. It feels like it could be in the 50s. I was very glad I decided to stay here another day when I woke up this morning to the sound of another serious downpour. The forecast is for showers and thunderstorms all day today, and a nice day tomorrow. Good timing.

My plans for today - resting, eating, and catching up on my journal. A walk to the food co-op to stock up for the next couple of days, and to get some lunch. A walk to the hardware store to pick up some spare cotter pins for the trailer and some bungie cords (Mark is going to show me a good way to use the bungies to dry laundry on the top of the trailer while I'm riding.) And a nap or two...